Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ok, Here is THE LIST

If you can think of anything more, please feel free to tell me! Especially cons. I think I'm just so excited about the situation that I can't think of too many bad things about living in an apartment!

Pros:
• It is less expensive than the dorms.
• Apartment Estimated cost per month, plus some extras that I don’t have to pay for every month (see chart): $730
• Dorm Estimated Cost per month (see chart) $1,129
• I will learn to live on my own, which includes: managing my money, making my own food, learning how to pay for bills. I have to do all of these things eventually, and it is good for me to learn to do them now.
• I will have a quiet place to study. Dorm life is never quiet. School is very important to me, and I want to do well. Having this quieter place to study will help.
• When I go home at the end at the end of the day I am off of campus, I won’t feel so stuck here.
• Privacy.
• I will have more space to live in, my own bathroom, and kitchen and living room.
• I won’t have to be on the meal plan, which means I can eat healthier.
• I can choose my roommates, and they are good people. If I live in the Cuicacalli sweets next year I might not be with good people. I have heard horror stories.
• It is right by the trolley station, so I don’t have to deal with traffic, and the trolley pass is very inexpensive. I can either walk or drive to the trolley, which will also be right on campus starting this summer.
• They are right next to Mission Valley, which means Target, Borders, lots of food. Grocery stores.
• The apartments that I am looking at come with a security system.
• They also come with a washer and dryer.
• The neighborhood of these apartments is much nicer and safer than the ones right off campus.
• They are the same price as the ones around campus, even though they are nicer.
• I have had the chance to get to know many people and make friends, part of which is due to the fact that I am in the dorms. But I have now been in the dorms for a year and that was enough. There are very few people living in the dorms after their freshman year.
• If for some reason I am not able to get into Cuicacalli, then I won’t have a chance to get an apartment because it will be too late. Everyone will have roommates and everyone will already have their living situations.
• I will have a parking spot, which the apartments right off of campus do not guarantee.
• Sophia is going to take a RAD (Rape Aggression Defense) class this semester and I am going to take it with her. That way I will be safe and prepared, if for some reason anything would ever happen, which it won’t.
• These apartments have a gym, a pool, a movie theatre, a workstation, and a clubroom.
• I will be 20 years old next year.
• I feel like I am very ready for this move. You have raised me to be a responsible young adult and instilled in me values that I will take with me the rest of my life. You can trust me to be safe and make the right decisions because that is the kind of person that I am.
• I have already been mostly on my own since September. In that time I have had the chance to grow a lot and learn about what it takes to be on my own.
• The apartment is the next step, and I am ready for that step.

Cons:
• I will have to buy some furniture and bathroom and kitchen things.
• Not as convenient as living on campus.
• I won’t have an RA.
• I will have to drive or take the trolley, not just walk.
• I will have to buy food and make it, which includes paying for food.
• I will have gas and electric, which is still going to make it cheaper than the dorms though.
• Social life may be harder to come by
• I will have to clean.
• Pay for internet
• Not everyone around me will be a college student, although the majority will be.

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2005 09:16:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

sounds like your going to live in an apartment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home