Friday, February 04, 2005

Soreness

Wow. Has it been a long time since I've worked out! Man. I'm so sore right now! But that's a good thing really. At least it means the working out is, well, working. Yesterday I had so much energy that I kind of overdid it. But it was so nice to exercise! I rode the bikes for an hour, then did a bunch of stomach work. Still when I got back I had energy. So I took the stairs back up to my room (7 flights). And then went up and down the stairs 3 more times while I was helping Jackie with laundry, running part of it. Well after going to the ARC (Aztec Recreation Center... gym) again today and again doing the bikes my legs are really sore. And from the ab roller my stomach hurts too! But just have to keep telling myself, this is good!
It's funny how working out makes me WANT to eat healthier. I guess because I don't want to see all of the pain go to waste! So basically I have been snacking alot less. And actually going to the dining hall. I don't like it there because the food has gotten slowly worse and worse. But there is always salad and fruit. And usually one other good thing I can get, or make work, which is plenty of food. And one way to counter the fact that most of the food is not healthy is to just not eat as much of it. I'm trying NOT to finish my meal. And whether I eat it or not, the money on my meal plan goes away, so oh well. I'd rather be getting thinner than feeling obligated to use it all and continuing this trend of getting fatter!
Anyway, we'll see. Maybe, just maybe, I'll stick with this for longer than 2 weeks. Which seems to be the longest I stick with most "diet" or "healthy" things. Sophia and I are trying to help eachother. She is ridiculously skinny already, but still wants to be healthy, so it works. Hopefully I'll stick with it! If I do it should at least help a little! I'm optimistic!

1 Comments:

At 2/05/2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

stick with it.... don't give up... and be realistic and consistant...

One day of OVERDOING IT can ruin a whole week of good workouts, and it doesn't make up for the past either (sadly).

Be realistic and OK with the results: A half pound a week till the end of school ends up being about 10 pounds, of course if you just lose a pound a week till the end of school (beginning of summer) that ends up being 20 pounds. That is a realistic goal that you won't be killing yourself over...

Eat less more often...

Don't worry abou those weeks where you work twice as hard and see NO results... It is OK!! Continue on the path of exercise and healthy eating and you will be OK!! BUT YOU MUST DO IT, set asside a designated hour to get it done, even when you don't want to....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home