Thursday, February 10, 2005

Almost Done...

Thursday nights are no fun because everyone in the dorms has managed to plan their schedules so that they don't have Friday classes. Except for Laura that is, sadly I couldn't make it happen. So while everyone else goes out tonight, I will be doing homework. Whoop di doo. Cerise and I are going to do a write up for our interview probably tonight since it's due on Tuesday and neither one of us is going to be here this weekend.

Oh yes, which reminds me, I haven't written about this yet. Tuesday morning I went to an elementary school to interview a first grader. Basically I had a lot of math problems to ask them to try and see how they were thinking. Cerise and I interviewed a kid named Armando. He was so cute! Of course, you can't write stuff like that in the interview write up, so I'll write it here. At first he was all shy, but then he started to get really into it. Especially because he was allowed to use and play with the Unifex cubes to figure out answers. We weren't supposed to tell him that he was getting anything wrong, because the whole point was to figure out how he was thinking about the problems. So Cerise and I kept saying "Good Job!" or "I see how you got that." every time, meaning he thought he was getting everything right. By the time we had to be done he wanted to keep going so that he could be "really smart". So cute.
Now that all of the fun stuff is over, and it's all recorded, Cerise and I have to type up this long report about the experience. Blah.

Today at work I FINALLY was trained on refunds. Only one group of registers does the refunds and they have slowly been training people that have been there for a semester. For the past couple of weeks the supervisors keep saying "Oh, you haven't been trained on refunds yet?" Which is probably the reason that I still hadn't because everyone thought that I had. Well now I finally have! Moving up just a little more...

Definitely glad that the weekend is almost here. I'll be driving up to Westminster tomorrow to hang out with Corrie and Emma this weekend right after I get off of work. Meaning traffic, because it will be about 4:30 that I leave, and rain, maybe thunderstorms. It will be nice to see friends though!

1 Comments:

At 2/12/2005 07:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First graders are the best and I should know since I taught first grade 26 out of my 30 years!!! Teddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home