Sunday, August 14, 2005

Random Update

Yesterday I packed for a while with Emma's help. Sadly I haven't seen too much of her this summer. We were only home for the same time for about 3 or 4 weeks with vacations, work, and school ending at different times. It was great to have her help for a little bit though, and just get to chat. It's funny I think sometimes you don't realize how much you miss someone until you see them again. Or why you're such good friends. Anyway good times. We ended the "packing" with our favorite card game called "Egyptian Rat". It's a real card game but I think we made up our own name for it somewhere... always involves lots of shouting and laughter. Ahh I love that girl.
Last night Corrie and I (Emma already had other plans) went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I've heard good and bad reviews of it, but I personally thought it was pretty good. I didn't have too high hopes for it so maybe that helps.
Corrie and I randomly saw Sophia (ex-roomie) and her boyfriend after the movie. Nice to talk to her a bit and catch up.
This morning I went to Norwalk church and hung out/helped out with the youth group. I'm kind of sad that I'm leaving them already. I had the chance to start to build relationships with some of these teens and I'm bummed that I won't be able to continue to build those relationships and get to know them... at least not for now.
I just started to load my car with random stuff to move. Even though I still have a fair amount of more packing. I think it would be easier if I was just completely moving... because then I would pack everything. But since I'm not I have to go through everything and see what I need and try not to forget anything.
So should probably get back to that whole packing thing... the next time I write I should be in San Diego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home