Sunday, August 07, 2005

Camp

So teen camp was absolutely awesome. I'm supposed to be leaving to go to Utah like right now so I can't talk about everything right now.
The main point is that God is amazing. It was so awesome to see so many lives committed to Jesus Christ for the first time. And many more than that who chose to recommit their lives... to get back on the "path".
So many memorable moments. There was of course tons of laughter and silliness. In one day I had whip cream in the face by Chris Nichols, and then that night Corrie and some of the girls in her cabin put highlighter and nailpolish on my face and foot when I fell asleep. The games were great... a relay with trout, an ultimate frisbee game with chickens, the mud pit where Corrie was pulled in during tug of war.
I truly loved being able to work with the teens. Going to camp I wasn't sure about it because I really didn't have experience working with youth groups or teenagers. But it was awesome getting to know some of the teens and being able to share God's love and pray with them.
Even with all of the fun I'd say a few of the most memorable and impacting moments for me was when I could truly see God working. One night Corrie had to deal with some important staff thing so I was with her teens and lead the cabin wrap up. That night during chapel there were so many teens who stood up to recommit their lives to Christ. Being able to talk to many of them about it and then pray with them afterwards was truly amazing. I felt so blessed to be able to be a part of that experience with the teens.
Another one of the times was when I was a part of the prayer group that prayed throughout one of the services. Every morning and night during chapel 5 or 6 people would be in the back behind the chapel praying for the service, the teens and the speaker, and that God would just enter this place. Truly awesome (I know I need another word, but I just can't think of a better one).
I had goosebumps just being able to witness God work in the teens lives, feeling his presence.

Ok time to leave for Utah, so here's a few pictures for you to enjoy...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
3 of the girls from our church... Meaghan, Alyssa, and Joline.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Corrie in the dunk tank.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A really big bug.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
No Corrie, I don't want your tongue on my face.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Corrie on the zip line.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Friends!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My new friend Angela.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Corrie's cabin... where I spent all except 2 nights... even though I had my own cabin!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our theme... Route 66... a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What Corrie wrote on my foot after I fell asleep... darn for being a heavy sleeper!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and Saydee.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Whip cream faced... notice I don't really look happy about the situation.

Yah for camp!

3 Comments:

At 8/07/2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

atleast you arent allergic to dairy like corrie is! i miss summer camp!

 
At 8/08/2005 06:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

melissamae miss's camp?? What the bloody nose and tampon wern't enough for you??

Benson... Glad it was such an awesome time... and I think awesome or just plain in AWE is plenty enough said...

 
At 8/08/2005 01:38:00 PM, Blogger Katie Drake said...

looks like you had sooo much fun! i'm sure i'll be hearing "one time when i was at camp..." for a while! can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home