Saturday, August 13, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Ok, so back in good old Long Beach California again. We got home yesterday after driving for about 12 hours around 6:00. Now after sitting in a car with my parents for 12 hours and spending a week with them you can't blame me for wanting to get away for a bit. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time... but towards the end it was a bit much. So Corrie and I went to Downtown Disney and ate at Rainforest Cafe. Yum! Then just kind of walked around and checked out some fun stores.
There's not too much I can think to say about the rest of my vacation... Bryce Canyon was beautiful as well. Did I write that we cut our Zion trip short a day and drove to Bryce? I can't remember.... But anyway we did and that was beautiful as well.
I took so many pictures! Sorry because I'll probably post way too many!
I've been catching up on blogs and messing around on the internet now for about 2 hours... even though I'm supposed to be packing and getting ready for my move to San Diego on Monday!

Pretty much everything was gorgeous....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The view behind our hotel.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Very friendly squirrels.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pretty but poisonous moon lily.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Looks like a scene from the Land Before Time or something.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A double rainbow after a thunderstorm.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Family.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sisters.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lots of Warning Signs... we went on this hike and it was awesome... not the one I almost fell off a cliff on though.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cool little waterfall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bryce Canyon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Scary Weather.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Not a manmade whole.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cool Tree.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Emily and Chip... or Dale.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me in a stump.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hoodoos.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Saw some deer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me after I almost died. I guess I should elaborate... So we went on this one hike called the "Mystic Cave". At the very end of the hike we saw this cool cave with water running down the walls inside. Well I wanted to get a little closer to it. So I stepped past the boundary post thing onto what seemed like decently stable, although wet, red sand. To the left was a nice steep drop off of a cliff. Well I overestimated the stableness of the sand and my feet slipped out from under me and I fell. Luckily only fell, didn't slide down or anything. Hence "almost" died... because if I would have actually slid a little farther it would have been bye bye Laura off of the cliff. I think my mom almost had a heart attack... See she was around the corner when I actually fell, so I'm sure the scene of me on the ground near the edge of the cliff was great.

Anyway... I tried to only post a few pictures but there were just too many! :)

4 Comments:

At 8/13/2005 11:00:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

haha... Anna that's great! You'll love it... it was so awesome! It's funny I was thinking it would be a great thing to do with a boyfriend or husband. I hope you and Brian have a good time as well!

 
At 8/14/2005 05:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are nice places... the pictures are great....

 
At 8/15/2005 10:22:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

beautiful!

 
At 8/15/2005 04:49:00 PM, Blogger Katie Drake said...

awesome pic!!! you should take a photo class one semester!!! (maybe in spain??hehe)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home