Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Tape Recorder

"A device for recording information on strips of plastic tape (usually polyester) that are coated with fine particles of a magnetic substance, usually an oxide of iron, cobalt, or chromium" (Encyclopedia.com).

For my math 212 class we go to an elementary school 3 times out of half of the semester. Then we're supposed to interview children, asking them math questions and how they came up with their answers. Basically we're trying to figure out how children think about math. Well for this class we're supposed to have a tape recorder to tape our interview with the kids. Who has a tape recorder anymore?? Not me or my partner Cerise. I'm trying to figure out how to either buy a cheap one, or figure out if there's some way to rent one. Does anyone know?? I need to find one by next week! My search online so far has been pretty fruitless.

2 Comments:

At 2/01/2005 12:37:00 PM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

Forget the Tape Recorder.... Take your comptuer and record it directly to your HD (that is short hand for Hard Drive). There are multiple programs on your couter that can do this...

Only teachers still use tape recorders. So forget about it and use your comptuer. iMovie is your best bet... call me... email me... IM me... it is easy...

 
At 2/01/2005 05:29:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

im all for the computer recording...good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home