Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Ahhh!!!

Aristotle...
I am reminded of the reason why I don't put homework off until the last minute. Here's the first sentence of 10 pages I have to read for philosophy 101 (aka moral philosophy).
"Every craft and every investigation, and likewise every action and decision, seems to aim at some good; hence the good has been well described as that at which everything aims."
Oh my goodness. Did Aristotle just talk himself in a circle? Or is that just me? Couldn't he have just said that everything that is done is aiming at some good? Or probably something even simpler? I had to read this sentence 3 times before I got it. And it's only going to get worse...

4 Comments:

At 2/02/2005 07:27:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

hope it got better after that first sentence...yuck!

 
At 2/02/2005 12:17:00 PM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

so you want some help... I have some GREAT helps for Philosophy... I can show you some tricks of the trade when it comes to understanding the philosphers... I did just finish a masters level philosophy class a couple of months ago...

 
At 2/02/2005 12:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it's you and not me!!!!! Teddy

 
At 2/02/2005 02:32:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

Thanks Tim! Man you're full of help lately. Yeah, kind of forgot that that masters course was in philosophy there for a second :) Don't worry, I'll definitely be asking you questions now :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home