Saturday, October 16, 2004

Family weekend

So this weekend is "Family Weekend" here at SDSU. That means Friday night my parents and little sister drove down here and I have been going to random activities and spending time with them. I think the SDSU people know what they are doing when they plan this thing 6 weeks into the school year. Most of us students have had the chance to get over feeling embarassed when our parents give us hugs, because we really do appreciate them. Of course the 10 bazillion kisses and the 5 minute long hug from my mom yesterday were just a tad bit much, but that's ok. I hadn't been looking forward to this weekend, I wasn't not looking forward to it, I just hadn't thought much about it last week. But now I'm glad that I've had the chance to hang out with my family. Last night Emily stayed over hear in the dorms since Sophia's gone, I just had her use my sleeping bag and pillow. That was nice, some sisterly bonding. She got to experience a little bit of the college dorm life, I should say the college dorm and weekend night life. I was so tired I never woke up around 3 when all of the drunk people came home, but I think Emily didn't sleep too well last night since she opted to stay with my mom and dad in the hotel instead :(
So I am feeling lame right now, normally I love being by myself, I enjoy the time. But right now I don't want to be, so I called Corrie ,who's here in San Diego technically to visit Katie, to see if I could come hang out with them. So I'm going to spend the night at Katie's and then eat breakfast with my family in the morning before they leave.

2 Comments:

At 10/17/2004 10:51:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

enjoy the family... hey maybe we should come down and say hi... we are just up the road a bit... enjoy the time while it is there...

 
At 10/17/2004 02:23:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

i would love if you came and said hi! just give me a call :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home