Friday, October 15, 2004

The joys of being a college student and living in the dorms

Last night around 2:00AM I finally finished my philosophy paper, I probably could have finished a little earlier, but I really wanted it to be good. I still had to study for a Spanish vocab quiz and do a little bit of homework, so I stayed up studying until about 2:30, really not that bad. Right after I go and get ready for bed there is this loud horn type noise going off and on throughout our hall. Having witnessed this before I immediately groaned, as Sophia, who was also up late writing a paper, asked what the sound was. The alarm. 2 seconds later the screeching noise in our room starts to go off as we hear the male recording "Evacuate the building immediately, do not use the elevator..." So as we walk out and down the 7 flights of stairs everyone groggy and in PJ's, hearing one person say "Man my room mates passed out in his bed! Should I have dragged him out?", we smell the smoke. Not fire smoke, nope. Some stupid people decided to smoke pot on the stairs, setting the alarm off at 2:30 in the morning. After having a pow wow of the 7th floor corner out on the grass outside we were finally allowed to go back in at a little after 3:00AM. However if you didn't have your ID with you for them to check it, then you couldn't get back in the dorms until a little later. Now, if we were supposed to be evacuating the building or die of a fire, who is going to think to bring their ID? Luckily I did for some reason, but not everyone did.
By the time I made it back I was wide awake again, so I decided to finish studying for Spanish rather than wake up early to do so.
By 4:00 AM I finally made it to bed, that made for an interesting night. Sophia stayed up until 5, yikes. Although it was good that we were both awake.

3 Comments:

At 10/16/2004 07:40:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

all the same in apartment living as well...

 
At 10/16/2004 10:11:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

quick question...do you have classes on saturday?? why study on friday when you will forget what you learned by monday??

 
At 10/16/2004 10:53:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

hahahaha. Laura, study on a friday? good one Melissa. Nope, this was Thursday night :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home