Wednesday, October 20, 2004

All you can do is laugh.

I woke up late again. This time I don't even remember hitting the snooze button, I just woke up at 8:30 for a 9:00 class. I threw on clothes really fast, looked outside and saw that it WASN'T raining. Therefore didn't wear a hooded sweatshirt or bring an umbrella with me. After my 9:00 class had an hour to kill so went to eat breakfast and do some reading, still not raining. 10:45ish leave for my next class and it is POURING. I mean seriously pouring, I felt like I was walking under a waterfall. 5 feet later I was drenched completely through. Not a dry spot anywhere. Ever walk around in soaked through jeans like after going on big foot rapids at Knott's Berry Farm? It's definitely not the best feeling.
So what did I do? I just started laughing. Even though I was all by myself I couldn't help it. I contemplated just skipping my class and going back to the dorms, but I was already drenched anyways. So for the little over 10 minute walk to class where the rain never let up I just laughed, and when I looked at people while trecking through the flooded walkway, most of whom had either an umbrella or a hood, they started laughing too, I'm not sure if it was with me or at me though. And by the time I got to class, half of the other people looked just like me, and half didn't even bother coming to class because they didn't want to get soaked.
Even though I didn't wake up early enough to have a shower I got one anyways!
I really do love the rain though. I think I'm going to go look out my window and just watch it, it's so much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home