Thursday, March 03, 2005

7.25 hours

That's the amount of work that I am scheduled for next week. What does that mean? Time to look for a new job! I have been thinking about this alot lately. I figured that I would wait until the summer to work somewhere that I could transfer over to when the school year started up again. This week I was scheduled for 12, the most in a while, and I managed to pick up another shift. If my school schedule was more hectic like it was last semester, then I would be fine with not getting too many hours. But honestly, I have the time on my hands, and I need the money. I just reworked my resume a little with help from Corrie, and am in the process of emailing it to different jobs that I found in the Help wanted section of the Daily Aztec. Here's what I'm applying for: Caregiver to work with the elderly, it says part time flexible hours and that sounds about right to me. Part time cashier/ smoothie maker at the San Diego Sports Arena for nights and weekends. Tanning salon (although I doubt they'll hire me after seeing how white I am! But it's worth a shot at least). And a few telemarketing jobs, that are good because they are evening jobs. Although I don't know if I can handle all of the rejection from people! However at $10/hour plus commission? Oh yes, and I already have my name in a Nanny Service that I've been getting emails from people about. That's just difficult because most people want someone during the day, when I have class. Well we'll see.
The more jobs that I have the better I get at figuring out how to interview and what kinds of questions that I can be asking as well. I like that my resume includes different jobs like Day Camp Counselor, Subway Sandwich Artist (that's what they're called!) and Cashier, you can do alot with those different skills I think. We'll see soon if I'll be adding anymore!

1 Comments:

At 3/03/2005 05:36:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

i think you should try anything you get an opportunity to try...you cant complain about $10 an hour and to tell you the truth most jobs involve MEAN people in some shape or form! The right job will open up and if you hate it you can always look for another one...most employers are looking for good people and you are GREAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home