Thursday, February 24, 2005

Larry

We have this policy at my work now where if there is no line only one cashier can be standing in the cluster at a time. The other people have to straighten things, or do go backs, or stand at the door and greet people. So today I had the privelage (sarcastic undertone) of being a greeter for a while. Well normally much of this involves talking to other people behind the registers and trying to tell as many people that come in as possible "Hi, how are you today?" Or leaving "Have a great rest of the day!" A couple of guys walked in and of course I said my little schpeel and one of the guys was like, "Oh hi! So what's going on here?" Well there was a booksigning, so I told him, and he proceeded to chat with me for a couple of more minutes. I just figured he was an extra friendly customer or something, and I was starting to feel a little odd. Well after he walked away Rosalie, the girl I was working with, was like, "Do you know who that is?" Ummm no. "That's Larry! The CEO!" I think it was actually a good thing that I didn't know this. This man has quite a reputation for being very anal about how the bookstore is run and that everyone must be busy at all times. I mean I don't blame him, he is after all the CEO. I just might have been a little nervous if I knew who I was actually talking to! Luckily Rosalie was looking busy and I was being a good little greeter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home