Sunday, July 25, 2004

Orientation

Friday I had orientation at SDSU, so my mom and I drove down Thursday afternoon right at the worst time for traffic apparently. Actually I had to drive because my mom wanted me to get used to it, not bad really... but what could be driven in like 1 hours 45 minutes took almost 3 hours getting there, coming home today wasn't so bad.
ANYWAY orientation was a long day but very informative... I now know what classes I'm taking and I just registered today. The only bad part to the whole day was right when we got to the school and were walking up the steps... what does my mom spot? A condom. Nice. So after I assured her that these kinds of things probably happen at all schools and not to worry about it we moved on to the rest of the day.
That night we made our way to fashion islands and ate some yummy Cheesecake Factory, never been there before but it was quite good. Then today looked we went to the SDSU bookstore and checked out lap tops, but unfortunately they didn't have the ibook I wanted to look at in stock. But I just finished buying one on the internet.. .The iBook 14TFT/ 1.2GHz/256SD/ 60G/ Combo/ APX (don't know exactly what all of that means but I have an idea :))
Fun stuff, now I have to fill out an application for jobs at the SDSU stores, hopefully I'll be able to work at the bookstore, and then call for an interview! Should be fun, I could definitely use some interview pointers though, I tend to get nervous in those situations. Cool thing is if I do actually get a job at the bookstore (which many people want so who knows)... then I have to be able to start working on August 16, so I'd get to move down to San Diego 2 weeks early!

2 Comments:

At 7/25/2004 01:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow only suuper nerds blog... But you are lucky you are one cool nerd. Anyways, its nice to hear u finally got ur classes in order, but macs suck.. err eat that. I wanna wish ya the best of luck on job searching, but i dun wanna see u go 2 weeks early. =P

~gar "the date" as it was so cleverly put... lol

 
At 7/25/2004 07:56:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

yes the whole two weeks early thing won't be that great for all your friends aorund here, but of course I am sure it will be exactly what you need to "survive"...

Hmm the whole Mac thing.... Well the abuse usually doesn't stop... so get used to it... Just put it in political terms... Most people don't like the US becuase it is superior... you know the same kind of thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home