Monday, June 07, 2004

Senior Week - Day 1

Today was the first day of "senior week"... all of the seniors are done with their finals so the school just has activities planned for them through Wednesday, and then graduation is on Thursday!! So for today we had an assembly where there was supposed to be a talent show and a slideshow and then a hypnotist. Our school is pretty lame and did not prepare very well and therefore the senior students ended up sitting around for about 30 minutes while people tried to figure out why the music wouldn't work, which ended in our only watching the hypnotist instead of the rest of the stuff. That was pretty cool though, I don't think I could ever be hypnotized, but some of the people up there I think may really have been. It was pretty sweet.

The next part of the senior day was the Senior Awards Night tonight. I got to go because I got the "President's Education Award"... meaning I was in the top 5% of Millikan seniors, which really isn't saying that much. It was pretty funny though because out of all of the awards this was probably the lowest one, with about 45 people getting the award, whereas most of the other ones were more prestigious with only 2 or 3 people getting them. But oh well, haha.

Anyway sorry to bore you, this was just a list of what I did for today! Oh yeah and I also went bathing suit shopping and ended up having to go to 3 stores before I found 2 that I liked at Macy's! It was kind of nice though because I went shopping by myself... Normally I prefer to be out with friends but it was nice to have some alone time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home