Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Isaiah 6

I woke up this morning with about 10 minutes to get ready and leave (something I have been doing alot lately) and grabbed the first shirt and pants I could find without paying too much attention. After I left I realized I had put on my old jr. high youth group shirt which says Isaiah 6 on it. Besides once about a month ago I'm pretty sure I haven't worn this shirt since 8th grade. So when I got to school my friend Kelly asked me what my shirt meant. I told her it was from my old middle school youth group and that it meant something about spreading the news about God to everyone. At this point I realized I didn't really remember what the shirt meant, or more correctly what Isaiah 6 said. Therefore when I got home I reread the chapter and these verses stuck out at me...
8Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"
This was God's call to Isaiah to become a prophet, to spread his word to all, even those who did not want to listen or hear about the glory of God. I need to be out there spreading God's word... by taking the opportunities that are given to me, and behaving in a way that glorifies God all of the time so that I am not a hypocrite.
There's much more to this chapter than just that, but that is what I have taken out of it for now.
So later when I went to the CSULB library a guy asked me what my shirt meant and I explained to him something to the effect of what I took out of it above, and he was like "That's cool, I'll have to read that myself".
I have come to the conclusion that pulling on this shirt of all shirts this morning was probably not an accident, rather it was a nice reminder from God of what my purpose in life right now is. Although I don't yet know what He wants for my life, I do know that I can always be glorifying Him through the way I respond to situations and take the opportunity to share God with those who need to hear about Him.

1 Comments:

At 6/02/2004 10:17:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

hey laura... i was just enjoying a trip down memory lane to the days of i6 ... i miss you. love, melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home