Monday, August 21, 2006

Bonfires and Skateboarding

The college group at my church had a bonfire at Ocean Beach last night. Not that many people showed up (seems to be a common theme) but it was still fun. Amy and Lindsay belted Celine Dion with the windows rolled down on the way there. I would have belted except I don't really know any Celine Dion songs... I chimed in during the Titanic song though :)
On the way from the car to the beach Amy and her friend Lindsay taught me how to skateboard. I only fell on my butt once and managed to wedge Amy's skateboard under a car.
We went to go get pizza during the bonfire and met an interesting guy named Timothy. He played an unplugged electric guitar for us and his hair was super long and all over the place. We talked to him for a bit. One girl offered him a cheese stick. He was quite entertaining. Later at the bonfire we met another interesting guy who asked if he could stand by our bonfire for a bit. That was fine with us and we offered him a smore. He told us a random story about how he used to be a chef until he got really badly burned and now fire scared him. Ironic since he was standing at our bonfire ;).
After the beach Amy and Lindsay and I went back to Point Loma where we skateboarded around some more. I was having fun and managed not to fall off again. Well I fell off plenty of times, just didn't fall down. I seriously think I might want to buy a skateboard now!

Crazy faces
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jumping for joy
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Smores!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2006 09:32:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

sounds like fun! i think if you are in OB you should be in a group...with all the "interesting" guys it just seems safer. (i sound like a mom)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home