Thursday, April 21, 2005

What Really Matters?

As I wrote about earlier, this day didn't start out too great, the whole waking up and being disoriented timewise thing.
For my job there's a sign up that says "Everyone must work commencement weekend, May 19, 20, and 21". Well I am kicked out of the dorms May 18, I have no where else to go. Meaning no way that I can work then, it's not worth it to drive back and forth. After work Cerise and I told our manager our dilemma, basically telling her we totally would work if we could, but definitely can't. Anyway, she basically said we had to unless we absolutely couldn't, which we can't. So we told her we'd try to figure something out, and in a couple of days we tell her it's just not possible. If that doesn't work, well time for the 2 weeks notice! We both are thinking of probably getting a different job next year anyway, but wanted to keep this job for rush, and just in case.
Got my work schedule and after many weeks of actually getting decent hours, was only given 8 hours for next week again.
So then comes classes. Just didn't feel like going to those today. But I went anyway. I came back and found out that on my last art pop quiz I scored a 32 out of 50 ,although this is before the curve, it basically still sucks. Then found out that I couldn't go on the art extra credit field trip because one of the buses won't make it so no one else can sign up.
Came back to the dorms after Geology and was on the internet with Jen for a little over an hour and a half trying to figure out the apartment situation for next year. It sucks because if we would have known earlier that there would only be 3 of us we would have put our name on a waiting list somewhere else to guarantee a decent price. Still not sure how it's going to work out.
Anyway! After all that rambling... I was thinking about things after church tonight, and praying about all my frustrations. It feels good sometimes to just be able to pray and question and know that there is a reason for all this random stuff. And I know none of this is even a big deal at all, but things just seem to pile up sometimes. Good to just let it out, and realize that really, all of this stuff isn't such a big deal. Definitely more important things to worry about, just have to remember that one, especially as I continue to deal with these minor issues as they keep coming my way.

1 Comments:

At 4/22/2005 08:26:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

i think you would make a great waitress or hostess...just an idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home