Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Getty

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today I went on an art field trip to the Getty. Yes, to LA and back in one long day. I've never been there before. I think that I was more impressed with the building design and architecture of the museum itself than most of the paintings and sculptures displayed within the walls. The garden outside was beautiful as well, especially on a bright sunny day like today. I didn't feel like we were there long enough though. I'll have to keep that museum in mind and go there again, hopefully someday soon. I think that I could spend all day there if given the chance!

3 Comments:

At 4/10/2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

Yup! Why thank you :)

 
At 4/11/2005 07:59:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

very cool! i would like to go to the getty some day also.

 
At 4/11/2005 08:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes you could spend all day there... Besides the buidlings and the actual museums there are the gardens which you can just hang in... then there is the experiemental building (my favorite) where they have all the experiemental art...

My wife and I go at least once a month in some fashion. The fact that it is free... The fact that it is open late on weekeneds... We will go on a date to LA and then just drive up to the Getty... WE have gone to look at one piece and head home... It is crazy to be in the suroundings of such art...

Then at night you can see all the way to the ocean (ok only once in a blue moon in la can you see to the ocean, but we have acutally seen to the ocean)... Lights are cool from there too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home