Sunday, January 09, 2005

Lots of Rain

Going to UCLA and visiting Emma was so much fun. It managed to rain my entire drive and the whole time I was there. In fact, it hasn't stopped raining yet. We walked to Westwood and ate salads and ice cream sandwiches. Since we didn't know where there was a place to rent a movie we bought a cheap one at Rite Aid. What was funny was we only had 3 choices: A romantic movie that looked too gushy for us, Care Bears, and a movie called Rudy. So we chose Rudy, which ended up being really good. We both cried at the end and tried to cover it up from each other.
I think one of my favorite things about Emma's and my friendship is that we don't have to actually be doing anything to have fun. We played many many card games where Emma beat me almost every time like she Always does. We were being extremely loud and obnoxious because we're so stinking competitive, but it was a blast!
After just talking for a few hours after that we fell asleep around 2:30 AM and woke up the next day at 1:30 PM. After eating breakfast I really wanted to go out in the rain and get a UCLA tour. So we went out and got completely soaked, (really good when you only have one pair of pants and one pair of shoes). Of course the fact that we were jumping in all of the puddles and kicking water onto each other for about an hour didn't help.
Then I drove home in the downpour, soaked in the car.
It was such a blast. I really wish that our schools were closer together so we could visit each other more often!
This is me and Emma roaring like the Bruin Bear. Actually I think Emma missed the whole roaring concept :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home