Monday, December 20, 2004

Making It Home

A lot has happened since last Friday, I'm really enjoying being back in Long Beach so far...
Thursday Emma came and helped me to pack, and Sophia packed herself too...

Friday we went to downtown and ate at the Hardrock Cafe and then Ghirardelli chocolate factory, so yummy! Then did a bit of shopping.
Then we went to a hotel that my mom had paid for for a night and invited Corrie to come join us since she sounded so sad all by herself :)
Saturday we did a little bit more shopping and then drove home. The plan was to spend a few hours with the parents before heading to the Kleker's Christmas party. Well instead I managed to crash and take an almost 3 hour nap, and then to the party.
That night Emma and I stayed at Corrie's and then woke up the next morning to Emma being really sick, we're thinking food poisoning from eating a salad with dressing that had been sitting out all night around 1:00AM. Poor girl.
Sunday was decorate the Christmas tree time when I got home. We like to use all of those homemade ornaments, so it may not be the prettiest tree, but I think it's more special.

Then Satellite, and home for dinner and off to Borders to get some books off of my reading list!
Today I slept in until 1:00PM! (and it wasn't like I stayed up extra late, I fell asleep on the couch at 11:00) I was kind of shocked, but I think my body really needed it. It's only 11:00 and I'm already getting sleepy again.
My dad and sister and I played Risk and I won!
Tonight my mom and I baked lots and lots of Christmas cookies.

My little sister Emily joined in a bit later.

Fun to have some mother daughters time, and I'm sure she loved the baking company!

1 Comments:

At 12/21/2004 06:02:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

i love the pictures and the story!! i felt like i was there!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home