Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Turkey Day!

Twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I go and visit my extended family to celebrate the holidays. Seeing lots of 2nd cousins, great aunts, and first cousins once removed. Now that everyone's getting older it's getting a little better. The "kids" table is no longer really made up of kids, since the youngest is 13 and the oldest (me) is 19. I think I answered the same question about 10 times, "How's college?". But hey, what can you expect? My mom was told many times, "I don't know how you do it!" and "You're going to have to give us advice for when our babies move out!"
It's kind of fun to be the first one to experience all of these new things. It was the same way when I was the first one to get my license.
Ok, that was a big sidetrack, I wanted this post to reflect Thanksgiving, so here is what I am thankful for:
A family who loves me and would do anything for me, even though I won't always ask.
Friends who truly love me and care about me like they too are a part of my family.
That I have had the chance over this past year to come to know and experience God's amazing love.
That I live in a country where I don't have to be afraid of anything except for spiders and the occasional thug on the street.
The chance to go to college.
An awesome room mate.
Tons of encouragement and support in everything that I do from everyone I know.
The chance to meet new people and experience new things over the past few months.
Frozen dinners.
Hot showers.
That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's more. I am so greatful for every part of my life. I think it's important that we remember these things not just today, but always. That we thank God and praise Him for the life that we have and are given the opportunity to live. Even when things seem rough, He is there to help us and guide us along.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am thankful for all of you who read this blog as well for being in and affecting my life in some way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home