Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Trust, hurt, forgiveness

The last few days have been a little rough for me. Saturday night I found out that Garret, the guy I was dating for the past 3 weeks and my girl friend Niki like each other. And have apparently held hands (last Thursday) and told each other how much they like each other while Garret never broke anything off with me and pretended to like me, and Niki never told me. It sounds lame to say that I am hurt because they were "holding hands", but it's the whole idea of all that entails as well.
See there's more to this as well, Niki has had a boyfriend, Kevin, for 2 years, and Garret was his friend.
What hurts me the most is that my friendship with Niki has been so hurt, and she has hurt her boyfriend so much too. Even when i finally did find out it wasn't from Niki or Garret, but from Kevin, who felt I had a right to know. Well I'm glad someone told me! Apparently no one cared what I thought, I was just taken advantage of. Through all of the holding hands and hugging (I'm so thankful I didn't give this guy my first kiss), I don't know what was real. Garret was the first guy that I ever liked and cared for, making this so much more hurtful. And Niki was one of my good friends and the fact that she could do this to me seems unreal. I know she herself is confused, and I want to be able to forgive her, but as for a friendship, i don't know, I still have too much to think about. Friends don't betray other friends that way.
I still have much to think about, and still much I'm sure I don't know, since I am not getting a straight answer from anyone. The hurt is not as bad as it was a couple of days ago, and soon I will be leaving for school. in fact I'll be leaving in a couple of hours to San Diego for a couple of days of job training, a good time to clear my head as I am away.

Lord help me to understand that we are all human, we all make mistakes, and what we sometimes need is the forgiveness of others who understand that we make mistakes. Help me to come to the point where I can forgive my friend and Garret, as you would yourself, even though I know my relationship with Niki will never be the same, she should know that I forgive her because I love her, as you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home