Friday, August 13, 2004

Wild Rivers

Went to Wild Rivers the water park today with 4 other friends. 2 of them, Niki and Kevin, actually start school on Monday, so it was the last big summer hurrah before summer break ends. I think I'm about to get busy myself with work, and then school for me is just 2 weeks away!
It was a lot of fun, the day was beautiful and perfectly hot enough to feel nice and refreshed after shooting out of water tubes into deep mini pools getting huge wedgies. Or getting drowned in the wave pool. And risking our lives on the bazooka blasters, which I'm sure really aren't all that safe, but fun anyway.
At lunch we also had the chance to get attacked by bees, and found out that Kevin is extremely afraid of them after a previous bee sting years ago where his throat swelled up and he couldn't breathe. So I guess it was ok when he freaked out every time a bee came near him. Although I'll admit he wasn't the only one ;)
All in all a great day, the last like 10 times that I have been to a water park were with the lb nazarene day camp, and the last 3 times were as a counselor as I had near heart attacks attempting to keep track of 8 1st and 2nd graders (I seemed to always have the younger kids) who looked like every other wet kid at the park. This was a nice change, and I was glad after wanting to do this all summer we finally had the chance before summer escaped us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home