Thursday, August 26, 2004

Farewell

Well tonight is my last night at home before moving to San Diego. I've realized something about myself lately. I tend to take things in strides, or deal with and think about one thing at a time. So earlier this summer it was all focusing on vacations. Then a little later it was about dating, then the past couple of weeks it's been my new job. Meaning I haven't thought too much about moving. I mean I've felt like I was really ready to get away and all, but I hadn't focused on it so much until tonight. Now I've been packing everything up and am all packed with everything but clothes, which I'll get before i leave tomorrow, and all of a sudden it's really started to hit me. For the first time in a few months it was ME rather than my parents or sister giving out all of the hugs. It was me that actually got a little teary eyed. I had to stop for a minute while packing and just sit with my mom, just to be with her.
i thought I wouldn't feel this way for at least a few weeks. In think with being gone so much the past couple of weeks living out of a suitcase and sleeping on a couch I was just ready to be home for a bit. But that's not going to happen. I'm sure it will be different later though because I will at least have my own bed and half of my own room, haha.
Well goodbye all. Hmm, last night in my own bed for a while, hopefully the dorm ones are comfy, hopefully my room mate doesn't snore... hehe, I'll soon find out!
Hopefully my next post will be from San Diego!

2 Comments:

At 8/26/2004 10:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck with everything @ school - sorry things didnt work out this summer.................

 
At 8/28/2004 06:04:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

me too... not my fault though... sorry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home