Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Can you help me? I'm shaking...

Awww. Tonight was Emily's 8th grade graduation and before she left she came to me and said "Laura can you help me put the back on my earring, I can't do it because I'm shaking". And she really was, how cute. The whole ceremony was extremely nice and I thought went very well. Emily just had her hair cut and done and she looked about 5 years older it was crazy. The girl at the hair salon who does my hair asked which one of us was the older sister!! What?!?! Excuse me, just because she may be a little taller I am definitely older!! Hmmm.
The part I thought was the best about the whole ceremony was a parent of younger children at Nazarene who spoke to them about their future. He said that in order for these young men and women to make it in the future they needed to rely on God, placing their trust solely in Him. They could do this by praying to God every day. There life would be well spent if they did His will for the rest of their lives. He said that God has a plan for every one of us and that through prayer we could find out what this plan was and live our lives for God. The speech was very well put and thought out and something that struck me as a soon to be graduate as well. I am constantly wondering what God has in mind for my life because I don't know but wish that I did. However this man helped to explain something that I have been hearing alot lately, that our purpose in life is to serve God, that is what we are meant for. And we can do this by praying to Him every day. It was a good thing for not only the graduates to hear but I believe audience members as well.
Anyway now I think Emily is officially a high school student, meaning we can be high schoolers together for 2 days until I graduate... In 36 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home