Thursday, May 20, 2004

"CSU trustees ok a 14% fee hike"

Great. It seems like i've had a lot of negative blogs lately, but here's another one. All California State Universities are increasing student fees by 14% and fall 2004 term (the year I start at San Diego State) will start this new fee increase. I heard on the news this means I'll be paying an extra about $300 dollars per semester on top of what I had already planned to pay. Hmmm, this college thing is getting a little expensive, I'm really not sure how they expect people to pay to go to college anymore. This is somehow supposed to help California's deficit. One student was quoted as saying something along the lines of "why don't the heads of the California government cut their pay checks by 2%, that should just about fix the problem". I like her thinking, seems much more logical to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home