Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pet Peeves

Lately some things have been bothering me at work. Probably more than they should be, but when repeated over and over it gets annoying. I don't mean about the job, but more about the customers I help out. So here is my list of pet peeves:

- Cell Phones: When you actually go up to check out your purchases, put the cell phone down! I have many questions I need to ask, or policies I need to inform you of. Plus it slows down the process of checking out, which makes the next customer irritable who had to wait for too long.

- When you pay for your items, don't put your money on the counter, or worse toss it on the counter. HAND IT to the cashier. I feel like it's degrading. I hand you your money back, take care to put all your items neatly in a bag, and be pleasant. I am not your inferior.

Those are probably my biggest 2 annoyances at the moment, especially because they happen so often, but there are a couple more.

- Talk to the cashier! I don't mean have a full on conversation or anything. But I've had a few customers who when I ask "How are you", actually not respond at all. Or "Did you find everything ok?" Still not say anything. Wow.

- Don't complain to me about the prices. I didn't set them. In fact especially with text books, I am a student as well!! I have to buy them too! And you know what? They're the same stinking price at every other college!! I agree. It sucks. Write a letter to the publishers complaining that they make a new edition every year! Or to your professor that he insists on using that newest edition every year.

- And yes, textbooks are no longer refundable. It is 2 weeks before finals. We are not a library. You can't purchase a textbook simply to study for a final this late in the semester and then return it. Don't yell at me for your own procrastination.

- Talking down to the cashier. We aren't stupid, especially where I work. All of us are college students just like most of our customers. If we do happen to make a little mistake, don't freak out! It's probably easily fixable and was most likely made because we had 2 hours of sleep the night before studying for midterms... just like you.

Ok... I think that's all my pet peeves to complain about tonight!

1 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 09:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for a reminder that you are a person too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home