Monday, August 29, 2005

Babysitting

I made these ads that say "Need A Babysitter?" And wrote some random information about my babysitting experience and about myself and then put them up around the apartment complex. Above all of the mail boxes there's bulletin boards where you can post ads and stuff. Anyway I figured it was a long shot but what the heck. Why not try right? So I posted the ads last night. This morning I got a call from a lady who has an 8 month old and needs someone for some Fridays and Saturdays from 3:30-6. Wow! Do you realize how perfect that is? That's so easy and totally fits with my schedule. So anyway I told her how much I charge and she's going to talk to her husband. So we'll see. But still that's cool.
And then Jen just told me that she already saw 3 of the little tear offs with my name and number gone on one add and 2 on another. So basically it seems like people are at least interested. One thing I've noticed is that there are alot of kids in the complex. It would be awesome to have that little bit of extra money coming in every once in a while...

4 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 12:54:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

very cool!

 
At 8/30/2005 03:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got three kids... and a spare room... a nanny we could use....

 
At 8/30/2005 08:24:00 PM, Blogger brianfurg said...

Anna says she wants to know how much you charge for a 29 year old guy....

 
At 8/30/2005 09:38:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

I told the lady I would charge $9 an hour... Honestly I had no idea... the last babysitting jobs I did I just took whatever they gave me. I would probably say $8-10 for 2 kids I guess.... hmm I better think this one through a bit! What do you guys think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home