Thursday, April 07, 2005

Free Stuff

So one thing I'm sure that everyone learns in college, and should just learn in life in general, is to take advantage of free stuff! Since SDSU is such a big school movie companies like to preview their movies here all the time, and they're free for students! I always seem to be working or have too much homework so that I never go, but yesterday I was finally able to! There was basically a double feature, first was Sahara, and then after that Fever Pitch previewed. I had to get there about 45 minutes early because they give out more tickets than there are seats for so they guarantee that the place is filled. They were both such good movies! Sahara I thought was good in a guys action movie kind of way. Of course the fact that Matthew McConaughey was in it was a huge added bonus for the girls, and there was just a fair amount of funny parts in it too to keep it interesting for all. And then Fever Pitch to me was even better! It was definitely a cute fun romantic comedy. I am such a sucker for those kinds of movies anyway, but really it was good.
Of course yes, I know that for the movie companies the reason they preview them is for free advertising before the movies actually come out. Like me telling you it's good so that you might go and see it too. But hey, I'm not complaining!

1 Comments:

At 4/08/2005 11:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea... I am one of those guys that sees Sahara! advertised and wants to see it... although i am sure it has its cheeze side... of course I liked National Treasure too so who am I to talk...

Fever pitch... well I tend to like most of Drew's romantic comedies... 50 first dates just cracks me up!!

Great to finally get some of the free stuff...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home