Wednesday, September 22, 2004

iTunes

I just discovered on itunes that when I am plugged in to the internet (which I always am, the beauty of ethernet). That I am also connected to other people's library's for itunes in my dorm. I'm not sure how this works exactly. But it's pretty cool. Too bad I can't figure out how to take their songs and put them in my library, I don't think it's possible. But I CAN listen to their music. I found one guy with the cd's of elliot smith, modest mouse, maroon 5, death cab for cutie, mused, thursday, radiohead, and others that I like to listen to but don't have the cd's of. Anyway cool stuff. I'm not sure if others can see my music, I don't know if I have to set it up so that it's possible or not. Tim?

2 Comments:

At 9/23/2004 11:35:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

more then likely they see your stuff. This is a mac thing... Very smart those macs are... Yeah basically anybody on your LAN (local area network) that has itunes open and is "sharing" their music, allows you to LISTEN to it... NO you may not GET IT your self... not to mention that would be illegal... and hence a sin... BUT you can go to the itunes store and buy it for 99 cents... that way not only is it legal but those that are creating the music get to eat that night...

 
At 9/23/2004 11:36:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

didn't you just mention something about stealing... hmm let me check...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home