Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Speech

I have to make up some kind of acceptance speech, or eulogy speech, or toast, or anything of that sort for my communications class. Right now I have no ideas whatsoever... Hmm. We have to present this speech on Thursday so I'm already slightly behind, I'm thinking I'll write it tomorrow though. I'm just seriously drawing a blank here, I'm not really looking forward to it at all. I actually don't mind getting in front of people and speaking all that much if something is well prepared and practiced. But given the fact that I haven't even written the speech yet I'm not sure how prepared it's going to be...
Anyway, any ideas?

POD
Today its more like "people of the day". A group of friends, one from turkey, one from italy, and one from yugoslavia, they kept coming back to my register and the girl next to me and buying random things. I thought it was cool that they were from 3 different countries and yet were all hanging out together. Fun people too. That's one of the fun things about going to a "university", there are many people from other countries, some studying abroad for a semester, but many who just wanted an education in the United States, I feel lucky to get the chance to talk to or meet so many different people. Last week I met 2 very cute guys from Sweden, I also have met some girls from England. And then from a place that with the accent sounds like out of the country, Wisconsin, haha.

1 Comments:

At 9/15/2004 10:44:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

two comments:

1) Did I ever mention to you that I have a BA in Speech Communication?

2) A Eulogy is usually giveing some kind of high praise to someone, hence why it might be set with "toast" as well. Of course we usually associate eulogies with death. And if you want to be vulnerable, real, and life changing in this class, you could give a Eulogy on Joel Hyde. This might be "outside" the bounds of the assignment since it is actually "real." And it would probably be "tough" but it could help you heal, help you share your faith in christ, and plant a seed in those that are listening?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home