Tuesday, September 04, 2007

2nd Job

I recently picked up a 2nd job at a tutoring company called A+ Review as a receptionist. It was actually really cool the way it worked out. I was stressing a little because my hotel job was giving me less hours than I expected. I was praying that I would be able to find a second job, but it needed to be really flexible so that it could still fit with the first. And still not too many hours because there's no way I could be working 40 hours a week. I just needed something a little more.
A couple of days after I had been praying about it I ran into an old friend in one of my classes. We were just making small talk and work came up and I kinda mentioned how I needed a 2nd job. She asked me if I was available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-5 because A+ needed a receptionist those times. I was available. Within an hour she had called her boss and he had called me and basically hired me over the phone at $12.50 an hour!! It could not have been a more amazing answer to prayer. I didn't even really have to do anything. I'm not sure I had the energy to go searching for a job again. This just worked out absolutely perfectly. I had my 1st day today and so far all seems great :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home