Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Don Juan in Soho

I went to see the play Don Juan last night. I had no idea what it was about, but had heard that it was funny and definitely worth seeing. Basically it was about a man who's father has a lot of money. This means he doesn't have to work and just drinks and does drugs and has sex with different girls at least 5 or so times a day. It's meant to be a comedy but gets somewhat serious towards the end. It was also in a theatre that sat no more than 100 people, which meant everything was very intimate and up close. All in all I really enjoyed it.
One of the cool things to me was who was actually in it. I have learned that some big name actors often will do plays for a season in London. In this case these actors were not very big, but I did recognize 2 of them. The main guy, Don Juan, was the scruffy flat mate in my favorite movie Notting Hill. And then there was another guy who was in the more recent movie Love Actually. So yes, that was pretty cool.
On Friday I'm going to Stonehenge and Salisbury. Then on Saturday a few of us bought train tickets for an all day trip to Wales.
I'm in the process of attempting to plan places to visit. Other places that are on my "I really want to go here" list are:
- Spain
- Italy
- Berlin
- Scotland (already going here for the first part of spring break)
- Iceland (since it's where my grandma is from, but I'm not sure it will happen)
- Dublin (already going for St. Patty's and hopefully once more after that)

and then a few places I'd like to go but if it didn't happen I wouldn't be too upset:
- Prague
- Netherlands
- Sweden
- Greece (probably not)

Basically I will be broke when I come home. But what better time to do all of these things? There are many independent airlines where you can get penny flights (literally 1 pence) and then taxes are added on to make it 20 or 30 pounds round trip. And then hostels are not all that expensive either for most of them. Some places are even under 10 Euro a night. So yes, I will have to get 8 summer jobs to try and pay things back, but I think it's worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home