Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stratford Upon Avon

Home of Shakespeare. That's where I've been all day today. It was a neat little trip. Cool to be able to say "I was in Shakespeare's house". Both where he was born and then where he lived later on in life. And also another house where his wife and kids lived while he left them to work in London. We also saw his grave in a little church called "Holy Trinity Church". Literally standing over the bones of Shakespeare.
Then we went to see the Shakespeare play Richard III. I am not a huge Shakespeare fan by any means, but I was entertained. The acting was awesome and the lighting and theatrics were very well done. All of the actors wore modern clothes and carried guns instead of swords, but still spoke Shakespearean language. It took me at least half of the play to fully understand what was actually going on. But by the time I started to get somewhat of a grasp it became even more interesting.
We drove back after the play and just got back, it's about 2:00am. I have class tomorrow at 11:30 (luckily they cancelled the first one at 9), and a 3-5 page paper due that I haven't started writing yet. Not supposed to be hard though... I'm debating whether to just try and get it over with now, or to get up early in the morning... hmmm...

1 Comments:

At 1/27/2007 06:40:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

i thought this was supose to be an 'easy' trip... I am sorry that they are making you work and have fun at the same time... but live it up while you can, soak it all in...

My favorite Shakespeare play was "William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet" staring Leonaro Dicaprio and Claire Danes, because it was done so poetically. If you havn't seen it, we will have to watch it some time together. Quite grity though....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home