Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Need A Break

Lets be honest. School isn't going so great this semester. I will probably still "pass" all of my classes (probably being a key word here). But I am usually not one to just pass. I am kind of frustrated with myself for being such a slacker lately. No excuses, I mean I could come up with some legitimate ones, but really no excuses.
I have 2 philosophy papers due next week. One Monday night and one Tuesday morning. The one for Monday is worth 1/3 of our grade and we've known about it for at least a month. And I haven't even started. I still have to come up with what I am even writing about. All I have is the topic of Paternalism. Actually one of the easier topics, but this is not a research paper. I know what paternalism is, but I have to come up with some type of pretty good philosophical argument for or against it.
And the other paper is well... this:
"Using concepts and arguments from Bernard Williams’s piece “A Critique of Utilitarianism” fashion a response to Peter Singer’s account of our duties to the poor and needy in foreign lands that Williams would be likely to endorse. Then, present an argument assessing the plausibility of the response."
Considering I haven't finished reading Williams yet I'm not off to a great start. Although at least it doesn't seem quite as difficult, except for the fact that Williams and Singer aren't generally philosophers that are put together or compared.
And well, here I am. Instead of writing I am writing about writing.
Tonight I'm going over to hang out with a friend who is housesitting. Tomorrow Amy and I are leading Kids Church. That should be fun. Of course I probably won't even start writing until about 3:00.
Ok, no more rambling or complaining. Off to write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home