Sunday, June 18, 2006

In Recovery

I got my wisdom teeth pulled Friday morning. I don't think I mentioned it before but all 4 of them were impacted. Meaning they were sideways and under my jaw. The oral surgeon literally had to break each one in half and remove part of my jaw bone by each tooth.
Needless to say all I've been doing is sleeping and laying around while being doped up on Vicodin and other fun drugs.
When the surgery was all finished and I had been laying down in "recovery" for a while I was finally able to go home. I tried to walk but almost passed out and got really nauscious... so I got to be one of the "cooler" people to get wheeled out in a wheel chair. When I got home I managed to pass out on the bathroom floor. Luckily I landed on the floor and didn't hit anything on the way down. I think I just gave my dad a bit of a scare.
Needless to say since then I wasn't allowed to walk by myself for awhile, haha.
I'm still in a little pain, but at least 10 times better than Friday.
I wouldn't be surprised if I've managed to lose a little weight either... seeing as how it takes me about 45 minutes to eat a small bowl of applesauce.
At least this is a "one time only" experience!
And yes, I do very much resemble a chipmunk right now.

2 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

i am tired of all your lies... Stop blaming the passing out business on the "surgery" lets be serious... Your partying on Friday night made you pass out, and your dad has now grounded you... "surgery" right!! as if...

 
At 6/19/2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

i hope you are better quick!! those wisdom teeth dont make you smarter so dont worry about next semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home