Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Just Stuff

Friday afternoon my family and I are driving to Santa Rosa to visit my grandma for her 80th birthday. Originally I wasn't going to go... but decided I probably could make it. I'll just have to do lots of studying in the car. Hopefully I don't get sick!
Corrie and I bought tickets last night to go see the Jars of Clay at the House of Blues in San Diego in a couple of weeks. I'm excited because 1) I love the Jars of Clay and have been listening to them for years. And 2) Corrie is coming to visit :)
I started Body For Life 2.5 weeks ago. That is going well except the exercise is difficult to fit in. So far since school started I'm pretty much here from 8 or 9 in the morning until 8 or 9 at night. Hopefully next week that will start to slow a tad. But I still really like the program.
I have been trying to figure out how I am going to study abroad. Difficulties include: I am already graduating in 5 years and going abroad might make it take more time. I would have to find a place to live for only one semester. One aspect of this being I couldn't find an apartment with some people and then just bail out on them partway through the year. A possibility of living in the dorms for a semester... but I don't really want to. I really want to go to London, not just England, and there is only one program that does this. The upside? I might have come up with a solution. This program has semester and summer options. The summer one is for 6 weeks from May 23rd (a few days after this semester ends) until July 4th. I wouldn't have to worry about living because I would just pay for a month even if I'm not there (plus our lease ends the end of June). It wouldn't set me back anymore timewise (in fact I have to take 6 units while I'm there). I would still be paying SDSU tuition fees on top of obvious other expenses. Of course this would also be an EXTRA cost, because I don't normally pay for school in the summer. Also Emma and I then won't go at the same time. But after talking to her a couple nights ago we both agreed that whatever we could make work for us we should take advantage of. I will talk to my parents probably this weekend on the long car trip to propose the idea. I do have some money saved up that I am going to offer to use if my parents will chip in a little for the rest of it.
So that is my "stuff" right now :)

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 03:27:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

sounds exciting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home