Friday, June 03, 2005

I don't like being new

I was getting a little discouraged today after I kept messing up, or not knowing how to do things.
For instance hanging up on people because I wasn't doing the hold thing properly, not taking the metal detectors off items so people beeped on their way out, doing returns wrong, not being loud enough on the page system.
But you know what? By the end of the night I was feeling much more comfortable and feeling like I was starting to get the hang of things a little bit more. So now feeling less discouraged. And everyone at my job is really nice about helping out and explaining things and trying to make me not feel so dumb.
So all in all not too bad.
I really need to get used to standing on my feet for 8 hours though. Boy, I'm tired, and I have four more 8 hour shifts next week! Welcome to the real world Laura.

1 Comments:

At 6/04/2005 08:15:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

i know what you mean about standing...man my legs hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home