Monday, September 13, 2004

Sad Day for Laura and humanity

As I was walking up the stairs in the Aztec center today I tripped and fell pretty hard with my knee hitting the edge if the cement step. It was at an inbetween the classes time so there were many people walking around me and who saw me fall. It was one of those classic comedy scenes where the bag in my hand went flying along with all of the stuff in it that went in all different directions. My sunglasses also fell off and skidded across a step. It hurt pretty bad and I had to sit down for about 5 minutes to make sure my knee was going to support me (as I look at it now it has a gross swollen bump and is already turning purple). The entire time I was sitting there at least 20 people passed by me, definitely not an exaggeration, there were probably more than this. With my stuff all around me not one person asked me if I was ok, or if i needed help, or attempted to help me pick up any of my stuff. It was just one of those moments that really just made me sad. I mean I'm normally the kind of person to laugh at myself for doing something like this. But instead because of the lack of concern from anyone around me, everyone just focused on themselves, ended up making me feel hurt and more just disappointed in people more than anything.
No good Samaritans around me today.

1 Comments:

At 9/14/2004 01:54:00 PM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

sad sad indeed... yes you would have helped the poor, sad, sucken, swollen, crying, depresed, girl on the floor, and that is not to "puff you up" but just to say I know your character well enough to say you are a good samaritian indeed. I do have to say though that this goes being being a good samaritian (read the story again) becuase to me this seems like something we all should do. It sucks, sucks indeed, and I am sorry this happend to you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home