Sunday, July 04, 2004

Car accident

My curfew's normally 12:00, but last night I managed to get it to be 12:30 since I was having way too much fun attempting to make chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels with Corrie. On my way home after a warning from my mother to watch out for the crazies on the road, almost 12:30 I hit traffic all of a sudden and was like great, I'm not going to get home in time, so I took the exit at Woodruff, the one right before Bellflower where I normally get off instead. Today Emma was telling me about a car accident Brittain was in at about 12:20 at night. Apparently he was going to change into the right lane and had his blinker on but then saw a car flying up going way too fast and decided not to, but the other car thought he was going to change lanes and jerked his wheel causing his car to go out of control and hit the right back side of Brittains car. Brittain spun around before managing to pull to the right, but the other car went from the far right lane to the car pool lane, hitting more cars on the way. Brittain was and is ok, but the other guy was rushed to the hospital and we don't know how he is. Hopefully he and the others involved will be allright, keep them all in your prayers.
This is the second time in like 1 or 2 months where I came really close to an accident, if I would have just gone through traffic and got off at Bellflower I would have seen Brittain and the whole thing. Every time I hit traffic now I am going to try and remember not to get upset, but instead to just take at least a moment and pray that whoever was involved is allright, because you never know who the victim was.

1 Comments:

At 7/05/2004 12:27:00 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

can we say that we are glad that both you and brittian are good. I was praying that I was not going to read about some accident you or brittian were in!! God protects. I am glad that your ok. Yeah accidents suck, and they are hard not to get "upset" when you are waiting behind them. And of course that is exactly why your mom tells you to be home early, doesn't want you hit by some carzy. I recall hearing the same thing, and of course I am sure I will tell my kids the same thing too.

Any way, way thanks for the strawberries, they were good... missed you tonight...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home