Sunday, June 27, 2004

Sunday fellowship... with some work too :)

Started out the day going to the Gourmet Pie restaurant for some breakfast with the Smith family, Teddy, and Corrie. I've never been there before so of course I had to have the famous boysenberry cream cheese pancakes. Oh my goodness, they were so delicious, wow. Sunday was my enjoyment day for eating right this week, minus saturday. When I weighed myself I saw that I'd lost 3 pounds! Sweet! So now after eating yummy food today I'm going to get right back on track tomorrow, and I think I'm going to try to up my exercising a bit.
Then I went over to Corrie's and we cleaned out and organized her room all day! It was fun though, of course we had fun in the process. Especially when we were both getting tired at the end and couldn't stop laughing at stupid things like when Corrie said the smoke smelled burned. Hmm... the smoke smells burned, I wonder why that one is? And I'm sure Corrie felt good to have her room finally in order since she moved in a couple of months ago and hadn't had the time to go through stuff yet.
Then we went for some much needed Starbucks (at least for me) thanks to Jeannie's grad present to me (a starbucks card), on our way to church. I have to say the church experience was awesome tonight. It was really beneficial for me getting the chance to talk about the real meaning of worship, something I never really understood, and am even still somewhat confused by, but learning. Discussing ways that we could worship God in every day tasks, doing everything for God, even such simple things as driving or cleaning or exercising, everything for God. It was a good service and I think the thing I love about this church, about Satellite, is the discussion that was going on, hearing everyone's spin on things, or what they are going through in their lives. That we have the chance to hang out outside of church such as with breakfast and organizing Corrie's room, and the fellowship never ends. Getting to talk about things with Christian friends, the community, and having the chance to hear their guidance or opinions from a Christian perspective or God's point of view. I think these people are the reason that I've had the chance to learn so much and grow in Christ, even though there is still much more learning and growing, I don't think I'd be in the same place right now if it wasn't for this church and these people. Tonight we also talked about even when we couldn't see God or feel his presence that we have to keep worshipping Him, and I think when we have such an open church community that even when we don't see God in our own lives at the moment, we can see Him working in others.
Anyway today was an awesome day, an awesome time to spend in fellowship with other Christians, learning and discovering things that I need to take with me all of the time. Life is good right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home