Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ash Wednesday and Lent

This is my first year observing Lent and last night was my first Ash Wednesday service. I am excited to work on preparing my heart for this coming up easter. Just working on praying and focusing on God and working on understanding what this season is all about. Trying in some minor way to grasp what it means that Jesus actually sacrificed his own life so that we may live.

As much as I am looking forward to this Lent season I didn't feel like my heart was very prepared for yesterday's service. I just didn't feel like I was completely sincere in all of the prayers. I want to be, I just am not yet. It's what I want to focus and work on in the coming weeks. Hopefully by the time Easter comes around I won't be in that place anymore.

On a lighter note I am giving up Soda and "buying unhealthy fast food". Which doesn't mean I am giving up fast food altogether because that's just not feasible in my life. But I am going to to buy only healthier things on the menu. Is anyone else giving anything up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home