Thursday, September 21, 2006

Adopt a College Student

My church started this little "Adopt a College Student" program. Basically a family can "adopt" a couple of college students and do things like cook them homecooked meals once or twice a month. I think it's a cool idea. Not just so we can get some good food every once in awhile, but also to be able to meet a family in the church. (Although for me working with the 5th and 6th graders has helped some of that already). From what I've heard there are many family's excited about the program as well.
I know I'm excited! :-D

In other random news...

The study abroad program I was planning on applying for to Nottingham England no longer exists. I'm looking into other programs but am really bummed and a little stressed out because applications are due really soon. More on that later...
Grey's Anatomy season premier is tonight! Woohoo! I'm supposed to be picking up pizza and heading over to Cerise's to watch it right now.
School is scary, but that's ok. I spent the last couple of days attempting to catch up on sleep.
I dyed the bottom of Amy's hair hot pink last night. It looks sweet!
My 21st birthday is coming up really soon....

2 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 04:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh

 
At 9/25/2006 05:49:00 PM, Blogger melissamae said...

i would adopt youif i was a family in the church. thats so cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home