Monday, March 20, 2006

Small Update

I wrote about a week and a half ago about some of the things that are "up in the air" in my life. Since then a few things have been figured out.
- No studying abroad in London first semester. It basically comes down to money, it's just too expensive. So second semester to Nottingham here I come!
- No more road trip. At least it's very unlikely. Timing is just off.
- A praise: I think I've found a church home. Mission Valley Church of the Nazarene . Yes, I have now been living in San Diego for about a year and a half and am just now finding a church to attend regularly. But we're not worrying about that anymore. I went to the College/Early Career Sunday School class last Sunday and things just seemed like they were meant to be. Timing couldn't have been more perfect, which makes me feel God definitely had a hand in orchestrating things. A new leader of the group just started on Sunday, also starting a new series. So I'm not so out of the loop. Plus the feeling of community seems very genuine. The church is pretty small. The pastor introduced himself to me and invited me to go to lunch with himself and a few people after the service (unfortunately I couldn't because Cerise and I had to go shopping for Jenn's birthday present, but just the fact of the matter was pretty neat to me). Also after the first time I went someone from the church called to welcome me and invite me back and to answer any questions. Anyway it just feels like somewhere I could easily call my church home. It's still awkward going by myself, but I'll get over that and I'm already meeting a few people.
- Still don't know about summer living situation. I do know that I will be the one paying for it (no parental help).
- I'll most likely take a summer class.

I think that's about all of it!

1 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 12:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sounds like things are going good for you... congrats..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home