Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Communications

In my Comm 103 class we have been doing a speech every Thursday, 2 so far, and another one this Thursday. It's kind of nice though, I think I'm getting more comfortable getting up in front of the class. Today was what I felt a really good speech for me. I shared my "Life Changing Experience" about Joel's impact in my life. I actually got a little bit emotional, just a little voice cracky which I wasn't expecting to happen. But I went up there without notecards or anything and just talked, and things flowed really well. I think God was with me there, giving me the words to say, and I really felt good after the speech, not just for how I did on it, but for the chance to share my experience of becoming a Christian because of this amazing man's example. It was awesome to feel so much better afterwards.
This Thursday, the speech is "Impromptu", now that is scary. Talk about some random topic that you have 1 - 2 minutes at the most to prepare for and have to talk about for 1 - 2 minutes. Yikes! No preparation whatsoever is kind of scary.

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2004 12:43:00 PM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

I always liked impromptu speeches.... I usually call them sermons....

 
At 9/30/2004 02:19:00 PM, Blogger thebensonator said...

hmm good point. Yeah I just finished with it, it was actually extremely easy, i think the whole speaking in front of people gets easier when you do it often (obviously) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home