Saturday, April 05, 2008

Responses / Answers

Hey friends sorry for not answering questions! So lets see...

The musical the kids are performing is called Rock Solid. I think it's RELATIVELY knew... but I don't know for sure. It's supposed to be a Stomp type musical.

Apparently with the penguin the bus actually drove all the way back to Lake Arrowhead where their school was. And someone from Sea World drove out to get him. That's about all I know... haha.

AND lastly (I think) the interest for Child Abuse Prevention just kind of came from being around children. I learned about it from Amy and appreciate the cause. I do not currently know any children who have been abused or are being abused. But I DO have friends now who grew up in abusive homes and are STILL suffering. I recognize now that mental or emotional abuse... and even what may seem like minor physical abuse... can be very damaging. It is very sad to read any of the statistics... here's just a very small few:
Abused children are 25% more likely to experience teen pregnancy.
Nearly 2/3’s of the people in treatment for drug abuse reported being abused as children.
1/3 of abused and neglected children will eventually victimize their own children.
In 2003, there were 906,000 child abuse convictions AND the rate of child abuse is estimated to be 3 times greater than is reported.

So I THINK that answers all questions? In the future I'll try to actually respond right away... thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home