Sunday, April 13, 2008

Busy Weekend!

Friday I went to breakfast at Denny's with Corrie. That was nice, I haven't seen her in awhile. Busy schedules... don't really live that close to each other... all that jazz.
Then I worked for a few hours. At night I watched 4 kids in the nursery (the oldest being almost 2) since there was a play going on at the church. Now, I'm not normally the one who is called to watch the really little kids. But apparently everyone else was busy. It was kind of an interesting night. I had one baby who literally SCREAMED every time I would put her down. As long as I was holding her she was fine. But anytime I moved to put her down whether in the swing or a crib or whatever she screamed and wouldn't stop. If it was just me and her it wouldn't have been a big deal because I could just hold her... but there were 3 other kids to watch. ANYWAY... fun night.

Saturday I went to The Wild Animal Park with my friend Brandy who had free tickets and her parents and 2 year old nephew (it was kind of a kid filled weekend). I woke up late and then hit really bad traffic (really?? on a Saturday??). It was fun but stinkin HOT. And her nephew was doing pretty good, but he is 2. Needless to say we didn't stay the whole day. Then I went to a friends birthday dinner at Buca di Beppo in downtown. Yummy yummy food.

Today after church we had filming for the musical. I don't know if I mentioned this before... but we decided to do something new this year and film the speaking parts for the musical. The singing will still be live... as will a couple of the scenes. But the rest of the speaking will be on camera. It was fun but LONG and again HOT. We filmed on Mt. Helix since it is a "hiking" musical. The microphone man last minute wasn't able to make it so I was the Mic holder. When we finally made it back Amy and Monica (who works with the 1st-4th graders) and I needed to do something NOT involving children. So we went to see "Smart People". I actually found the movie HILARIOUS. Very real, in all it's awkwardness.

And now I SMELL really bad and need to go to sleep because I'm exhausted. Good night!

2 Comments:

At 4/14/2008 06:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you showed first

 
At 4/15/2008 10:05:00 AM, Blogger melissamae said...

sounds like a great weekend! wish i could come and see the musical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home