Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Weekend

I went home this past weekend for my dad's birthday (which is actually this Thursday but last weekend was when I could get away). I took the train instead of driving. I like taking the train. I've takin it a few times before when I was carless or scared to drive my car that far. Even though it takes a little longer than driving, although on a Friday afternoon that could be argued to the contrary, it's nice to not have to drive. I can get some homework done and not waste gas... all that good stuff.

While I was home we took a tour of Cal Poly Pomona for my sister. Yes she is off to college next year. It was actually a really nice campus with many cool programs and such. I don't think it was a school my sister had been particularly interested in, but after this tour it became one of her top schools. She's already received most of her acceptance letters, now it's just a matter of her deciding where she wants to go.

We hung out as a family. Went to Claim Jumper for birthday dinner on Sunday night. Did the traditional cake and presents. We put 49 candles on my dads cake and kind of melted off the frosting.

I didn't get President's day off, however I didn't have class on Monday until 7pm, so I was able to hang out at home until Monday. My mom and I went on a nice long walk on Saturday. I got to see one of the main family's I used to babysit for which was very nice but definitely made me feel old since the youngest is now 13!

And that was my weekend. I enjoy my chances to go visit home more and more now since the chances tend to be fewer and more far between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home