Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shouldn't Be This Stressful

I think I need to quit my hotel job. There's a few reasons why, and recently some are really sticking out.

Mainly it is not flexible AT ALL. Which is just the nature of the job. Everyone else that works there this is their career, it is full time for them. But I am still a college student. I need to be able to ask for days off or to be able to switch my schedule around sometimes if I have a big test coming up or a paper due or if I want to go home and visit my family. I work every weekend both Saturday and Sunday so I NEVER have a day off from life.

I'm also starting to think about the holidays and the fact that over Christmas break I'm just going to do a bunch of commuting back and forth to San Diego. I might not even have Christmas off.

I actually got overly emotional tonight because I was so frustrated with the lack of flexibility of this job. I tried switching my shift with someone and it didn't work, so I am missing out on something that was important to me. I don't think that I should be able to get anything I want off, but I can't seem to get anything at all.

This is getting a little repetitive.

Basically I don't think that my part time college job should make me this upset or overwhelmed. It's ok to quit. The frustrating part is that I need to go through the whole process of trying to find another job again. Which is not something I have time for. And I can't afford to quit this job until I find another one.

I don't believe in the theory of "oh just stick with it, life isn't easy sometimes". It's true, but I am not ever going to work in a job that makes me miserable. What is the point?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home